The First International Workshop on Greening the Web
Sustainable development of web services and the web infrastructure is a major concern for practitioners, industry leaders and the research community, as the cost of its energy impact is high and their usage is increasing.
The First International Workshop on Greening the Web provides a venue for researchers and practitioners to come together, discuss and exchange recent developments and approaches to tackle the energy-related issues of the web infrastructure and applications, and define a manifesto for future improvements in the field.
The workshop will focus on the key challenges in building a greener web, and explore novel techniques and architectures to build and run the next green generation of web applications, services and infrastructure.
It aims to address energy consumption, eco-design, and sustainability on topics around the web : from the physical infrastructure (data center, cloud computing, distributed equipment, networking) to the web services, application and data build on it (information and knowledge mining/retrieving/storage, web information systems, web services and applications, and the awareness for users and developers of the Web.
Topics of interests are (but not limited to):
- Green data (analyze, processing, storage, transfer)
- Raising awareness of the web’s energy impact
- Green by the Web, Green for the Web
- Sustainable web applications and services
- Green Web APIs
- Green Web UI/UX
- Green management information system
- Green management information politics
- Greening the web infrastructure: from green data centers to green edge/fog computing
- Greening blockchains
The workshop is organized in the 23rd International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE 2022).
- Research papers: We solicit full research papers (12 pages), short papers (6 pages) and extended abstracts articulating key challenges and new and novel ideas (4 pages).
- Tool demonstrations: Tool demonstrations related to energy measurement of web applications and services, tools for energy management and monitoring in servers and data centers, developer assistance tools, eco-design of the web, etc. are welcome. Tool demonstration submissions should be accompanied with a video recording of the tool and an extended abstract (2 to 4 pages) describing why the tool is relevant to the workshop, its architecture and experimental results.
- Industry showcase: We solicit extended abstract and experience sharing papers (2 to 4 pages) from industry practitioners and researchers describing innovative approaches and solutions on greening the web (infrastructure and applications).
Submission format: All submissions must be in PDF format and conform, at the time of the submission, to Springer’s LNCS format.
We follow a single-blind review process.
Click here to access the submission site
There is no specific registration for the workshop. Registration is the same and unique with WISE conference
- Paper Submission Deadline:
June 30, 2022 Final deadline extension: July 11, 2022
- Paper Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2022
- Camera-Ready Submission: August 30, 2022
- Workshop Date: October 30, 2022
Organizing and program committees
- Manuele Kirsch Pinheiro, Paris 1 Sorbonne University, France
- Luis Angelo Steffenel, University of Reims, France
- Romain Rouvoy, University of Lille, IUF, France
- Luís Cruz, TU Delft
- Roberto Verdecchia, VU Amsterdam
- Patricia Stolf, Université Paul Sabatier, France
- Sergio Ilarri, Zaragoza University, Spain
- Windson Viana de Carvalho, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brasil
- Sujata Dash, North Orissa University, India
- John Booth, Carbon3IT, United Kingdom
- Adel Alti, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia
- Yudith Cardinale, Simon Bolívar University, Venezuela
- Humberto Alvarez Valera, University of Pau, France
- Umaima Haider, University of East London, United Kingdom